I’m a bit out of practise, but here goes!
- I woke up from an accidental nap and found myself snuggled in my bed between Bird and Baby Turtle (Frog was at school), and felt so very blessed.
- Today, with some encouragement from Curly Dad, Frog and I tidied and cleaned the children’s bedrooms. They were looking a state, so that’s a load off my mind, and I’m proud that I got going and did something productive.
- I’m looking forward to reading lots of posts about Britmums Live!, and hopefully picking up some blogging tips from those who went!
Have a fabulous week!
- My doctor’s appointment is at the weekend, so hopefully I’ll finally be able to get some help and start coping a bit better.
- The sun has been shining a lot this week, and it’s made me feel a lot more positive on the whole. It feels brilliant to be able to go out without my big coat on! I’m definitely a summer person.
- I’ve set up my computer in the loft room which is to become my hobby hideout. There’s no desk up there yet, but it’s a start. I’m going to do some sketches of what I’d like the room to look like eventually, but for now, just having my computer set up so I can write is wonderful.
- It is Frog’s birthday next week and I just know she’s going to love her cakes and present!
- Curly Dad’s sister, who I consider as my own sister too, might be coming to stay with us for a day or two over the next couple of weeks while she’s on Easter break. Because she lives so far away, we don’t get to see each other as much as we’d like, so I really cherish the time we do get to spend together!
- Tomorrow, a tumble dryer will be arriving at the Curly House! Perhaps I’m silly for getting so excited about this, but I’ve wanted one for ages and it’s going to make doing the laundry much easier.
I’ve had a good week – I hope you do too!
- The sun is shining today. We went out to town to grab a few things we needed and had snacks from the bakery.
- While we were out, I wrapped Baby Turtle onto my back and people looking seemed impressed/approving which made me feel proud.
- I got a call this afternoon offering Bird a place at nursery in the afternoons starting after Easter. We thought she’d have to wait until September. I just know she’ll love it!
- The fabric I ordered online arrived this week, and I’m going to make Frog a mei tai carrier for her baby doll.
- Curly Dad has been spoiling me with affection and little gifts which has made me feel very special.
Hope you have a lovely week too!
I’ve missed a couple of weeks of this due to moving house and having very little access to the internet, but I’m back again now with reasons to be cheerful!
- We’ve settled into our new home and it now takes me 15 minutes to take Frog to school and get back, rather than 1 hour, saving me about 90 precious minutes of my day.
- My favourite baby product, CJ’s BUTTer Creamy Lotion, is on special offer at the moment.
- Yesterday we reconnected with some old and very good friends and it was great to spend time with them again.
- I won a nappy in a Facebook competition. It arrived this morning and was coincidentally in my favourite colour.
- Tomorrow we’ll be off to Ikea to buy Baby Turtle a proper cot now that we have more space, and I’m looking forward to setting it all up nicely for her.
Have a fabulous week!
Because I’m trying to focus on the positives in my life, I’ve decided to join in with Mummy From The Heart’s Reasons To Be Cheerful Blog-Hop. I think making time to think about and appreciate the good things that have happened each week will be really good for me. So here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:
- I got a call this week saying that we are all okay to move into the house we looked at and loved, so we’ll be moving house next month. I’ve been wanting to move closer to school and into a bigger home for ages now, so I’m thrilled it’s finally happening.
- I feel like I’ve done really well with my Grooving Mums journey this week. I’ve made some real positive steps with my socialising and self-confidence. I’ll blog in more detail about this soon!
- I’ve also been overwhelmed by the amount of lovely, supportive comments I’ve received on my blog this week. It has been really helpful to hear your advice and experiences and such kind words, so thank you everybody for giving me a massive reason to be cheerful!
More reasons to be cheerful next week!